Run for the National Conservation Lands
Turn your run into an opportunity to protect our National Conservation Lands!
The Conservation Lands Foundation was invited to be an official charity for the Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon on May 18th, 2014 and is partnering with runners around the country to help make sure we protect some of our most treasured public lands. Turn your run into an opportunity to protect our National Conservation Lands!
By dedicating your training to and participating in this marathon or the half marathon, you can help protect and restore the best parts of our country, our history and ourselves. The Conservation Lands Foundation is the only organization dedicated to protecting, restoring and expanding our National Conservation Lands – more than 28 million acres of protected public lands and waterways throughout the West.
Working with local communities, we’re pioneering new ways to safeguard treasured public lands for future generations. Most recently in, we worked with local businesses and community members to protect the new San Juan Islands and Rio Grande del Norte National Monuments, and we’ll continue working with the community and the Bureau of Land Management to support the new monument. For more info, contact Julie Thibodeau or visit www.conservationlands.org. Read more about running for the Conservation Lands Foundation team (pdf).
It’s easy to join the team
- Check-out the Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon and choose the race you want to run!
- Contact Julie Thibodeau, Special Events Director for your registration code: Julie@conservationlands.org or 970-247-0807 x13
- Register for the race.
- Next, join the Conservation Lands Foundation’s Team and create your personal fundraising page.
- Click the ‘JOIN THE TEAM’ button on the bottom of the page. It will then ask you to Login to CrowdRise, if you have an existing account, or Sign Up for CrowdRise.
- Now it’s time to train and raise money for the Team!
This is going to be a fun event! It will be good opportunity to meet new people and help raise money to protect our public lands. There will also be prizes for our top fundraisers!
We hope you will consider joining the Conservation Lands Foundation’s team. If you are having any difficulties getting registered for a race or joining the team, we are happy to assist you, please contact Julie Thibodeau (email) or at 970-247-0807×13.