Campaign for the National Conservation Lands
Together we have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the future of land conservation in the West. In this new century, with this new collection of public lands still in its infancy, it is up to us to be its champions—to conserve, protect and restore these ecologically significant and culturally rich lands.
The Conservation Lands Foundation seeks $20 million over the next four years to:
- Expand the National Conservation Lands by 4 million acres by leveraging the Antiquities Act to create new national monument designations.
- Build and invest in community-based groups to be good stewards and strong advocates for these places.
- Make conservation management a prime objective of the Bureau of Land Management for decades to come.
- Inventory and prioritize restoration needs on the National Conservation Lands and form new partnerships with youth and veterans to restore wildlife habitat, improve trails and protect our cultural sites.
- Inform and inspire the public to be aware of these national treasures and act to safeguard them.
We have the chance to determine whether these lands will be protected—and expanded—for all Americans to experience the wild beauty, landmarks and legacies that have endured for generations.
Help us seize the opportunity.
“This campaign represents our chance to shape a brand-new system of conservation, based on 21st century values and ideas. This opportunity will not be here for long and it is up to us to conserve these lands of extraordinary significance.” Ed Norton, Conservation Lands Foundation Chairman and Campaign Chair
To pledge your support to the Campaign for the National Conservation Lands, please complete this form and mail to the address below:
Conservation Lands Foundation
835 E. 2nd Ave, Suite 314
Durango, CO 81301
Questions? Contact Danielle Sandstedt, Vice President of Development, at 970-247-0807 Ext. 104.