CLF Job Posting: Development Assistant
Position Title: Development Assistant
Location: Durango, Colorado
Position reports to: Senior Development Director
The Conservation Lands Foundation (CLF) is a national non-profit organization headquartered in Durango, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, Albuquerque, Bozeman, Las Cruces, Joshua Tree, Las Vegas and Washington, D.C. The Conservation Lands Foundation was established in 2007 to protect the premier lands and waters under the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM’s) jurisdiction – specifically the 36 million acres of National Monuments and National Conservation Areas, Wilderness and Wilderness Study Areas, as well as Wild and Scenic Rivers and National Scenic and Historic Trails that make up our National Conservation Lands.
Our mission is to protect, restore and expand the National Conservation Lands through education, advocacy and partnerships.
Seeking a detail-oriented data lover who is motivated by asking questions and solving problems, while supporting key donor, advocacy and communication initiatives.
The Development Assistant supports the Development team with focused administrative assistance as well a concentration in database management and data coordination across the organization.
The Development Assistant will report to the Senior Development Director and will coordinate with the Program, Communications, Operations and Finance teams to contribute to the deployment and administration of our data as a core component to our fundraising and program efforts.
In addition to administrative assistance and data management, the ideal candidate will be effective in supporting special event planning and execution, have familiarity with donor stewardship practices, and a comfort level with social media engagement techniques. The candidate is committed to CLF’s mission, is a dynamic leader and emotionally intelligent.
- Serve as the lead for the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, including its infrastructure, data entry systems, gift processing and acknowledgment;
- Identify and implement processes and improvements to ensure the integrity of the database, including troubleshooting/identifying inconsistencies and making corrections;
- Ensure data accuracy, security and confidentiality;
- Monitor and evaluate current CRM performance to discover ways of enhancing it (new technologies, upgrades, etc)
- Provide administrative assistance to the Senior Development Director as needed
- Generate development reports from database as needed
- Prepare gift acknowledgement letters, Board thank you notes, new donor letters, anniversary cards, etc.
- Assist with scheduling meetings with prospective and existing donors
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Assemble information packets based on prospect’s affinities
- Handle all administrative details associated with Development Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
- Assist with logistics for trips/excursions with donors and prospects
- Assist with prospect research
- Work with the Development team as needed to finalize proposals, grant reports and fundraising support materials
- Proofread funding documents, letters, and various support materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Development Director.
- Work with team members to implement CLF’s equity, inclusion and diversity plan
- Participate in team meetings, Board meetings and Friends Rendezvous and serve as a resource to Board members, donors, team members and partners.
Qualifications we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will be committed to the Conservation Lands Foundation’s mission and will have previous development and database experience in a nonprofit environment. Qualifications include:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office
- A familiarity with nonprofit fundraising best practices
- A strong understanding of CRM systems, SalesForce experience a plus
- The ability to understand complex requests for data needs
- Detail orientation with a focus on data integrity
- Comfortable working in a “team-oriented” environment; high capacity to inspire cooperation and work well with teams.
- Highly organized with superior follow up skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments, and to multi-task.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with current social media platforms.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience handling confidential information appropriately
- Commitment to advancing equity, inclusion and diversity within the organization and in the environmental movement
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, mission-driven, self-directed and a sense of humor.
Salary Range and benefits:
Salary based on qualifications.
401(k) plan; health/dental/vision insurance; health and dependent care Flex Spending program.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
The Conservation Lands Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability or status as a U.S. veteran.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.